Sample Kit Contains:
- 55R001—Flesh Red F476 (1 oz)
- 56R001—Umber Brown 1139 (1 oz)
- 56R002—Bistre Brown E402 (1 oz)
- 56R005—Ancient Brown E405 (1 oz)
- 57R001—Tracing Black E401 (1 oz)
- G1795—Gum Arabic (1/2 oz)
- 1903—Hand Painting Medium (Oil Based) (1/2 oz)
- D1368—Hand Painting Medium (Water Based) (1/2 oz)
- BR24-1"—Black Ox Hair Matting Brush
- BR366/4—Pony Hair Round Brush
- PS/M—Medium Pencil Stick
- 2035-5"—Steel Spatula
Firing Temperature—1140-1400 F
Mixing: All Reusche colors come in a powder form and need to me mixed with a vehicle before application.
Each kit includes Gum Arabic, and two different types of mixing mediums.
Mixing with Gum Arabic: Start with the color. Place a small amount onto a ground glass slab and flatten the color to approximately 1/8” thick. Sprinkle the Gum Arabic over the color, just enough to look like freshly fallen snow. You should be able to see color underneath. Add water in small amounts mixing between additions. You want a consistency similar to yogurt. The paint should be soft but retain its shape. It the color spreads out on your slab, it is too thin. More color can be added to the mixture to thicken.
Mixing with oil based or water based medium: The recommended ratio for mixing with most mediums for hand painting is 80 % color by weight to 20 % medium by weight. Weight your color, add your medium and mix to a smooth consistency similar to yogurt.
There are many different oils and mediums that can be used for mixing your color. Refer to the book “The Art of Painting on Glass” by Albinas Elskus for more helpful information on different mixing mediums and techniques.
- “The Art of Painting on Glass” by Albinas Elskus
- “Stained Glass Painting” by Richard Millard, Seymour and Anita Isenberg
- “Traditional Glass Painting” DVD Series by Peter McGrain
Also visit the Inks & Coatings page of our website for additional information on painting on glass.
Schilling Inc. is a company that cares about its customers, and we’re always willing to go that extra mile. Our team is on-call to answer your questions and resolve your concerns; from trouble-shooting to consulting services, Schilling Inc. is able to provide knowledgeable insight into any issues or concerns you may have regarding our supplies. If you have a question about any of our products and solutions, please contact us.
Phone: 419.468.5794 | Email: email@example.comBusiness Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST