Pleiger Plei-Tech compounds are custom formulated to achieve high solvent resistance and excellent abrasion resistance. This combination results in a squeegee blade that will better maintain its durometer when subjected to aggressive inks and solvents, show minimal swelling during the print run, and retain its sharp edge longer. This will allow for continued quality during the screen print run, thereby increasing productivity.
Pleiger Plei-Tech squeegee blades are available in a multitude of configurations and profiles designed to meet the unique demands of your screen printing application. The correct selection of Plei-Tech compound, configuration, and profile will result in the most cost effective solution for your screen printing production.
- Square Edge: Our most common squeegee profile, used in a wide variety of printing applications on many different substrates. Generally, for more porous substrates, softer durometers should be used. Smoother substrates require harder durometers.
- Squeegees should be stored flat, in a dry (50% relative humidity) room with a temperature range from 65° -75° F. Under these storage conditions, squeegee shelf life is approximately one year.
- Production time should be monitored and rotation of squeegees should be done frequently. Frequency would be dependent on the ink/solvent being used. The use of aggressive UV and solvent based inks, will require the squeegee to be changed more often. This will allow a more uniform print quality and increase the life of the squeegee.
- After removal from the press, a squeegee should be wiped clean and stored in a dry area at room temperatures.
- Allow a rest period of 24 hours, to recover from contact with chemicals, before the squeegee is put to use again or re-sharpened and put back in to production.
Schilling Inc. is a company that cares about its customers, and we’re always willing to go that extra mile. Our team is on-call to answer your questions and resolve your concerns; from trouble-shooting to consulting services, Schilling Inc. is able to provide knowledgeable insight into any issues or concerns you may have regarding our supplies. If you have a question about any of our products and solutions, please contact us.
Phone: 419.468.5794 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgBusiness Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST